Thursday, Nov. 9, 2023
10:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m. CST
Approved ordinance amendments that establish standards for exterior building materials. After lengthy debates, the Planning Commission is recommending that EIFS with drainage be permitted for all parts of a building, going against staff recommendation.
Approved a request from the Minneapolis College of Art and Design to vacate the alley & “alley easement” between Stevens Avenue and MCAD’s parking lot (formerly 2nd Avenue S.) Multiple neighbors submitted written comments against the vacation, arguing that the alleyways currently alleviate traffic and that MCAD has not specified how it plans to use the area.
Approved public hearings for Nov. 28 for these items:
- Allowing pedicabs to be two inches longer in length and removing restrictions on pedicab trailer use
- Increasing the permitted number of annual temporary body piercing & tattoo events from two to 10
- Considering a Tax Increment Financing Plan and the issuance of housing revenue bonds for the 3030 Nicollet Ave. project, which will include 109 units priced to be affordable to residents with an income that is equal or less than at or below 50% Area Median Income.
Approved public hearings for Nov. 29 on these items:
- Adding tobacco regulations, such as disallowing price discounts and increasing penalty for policy violations Tobacco regulations
- Increasing tenant protections for pre-leasing homes in buildings still under construction
- Establishing industry-standard training requirements for Minneapolis window cleaning employees
Received two presentations regarding:
- Vacant commercial and residential properties
- Environmental Justice Checklist
View agenda here: https://lims.minneapolismn.gov/MarkedAgenda/BIHZ/4223
Check the source website for additional information
Business, Inspections, Housing & Zoning (BIHZ) Committee
This committee oversees all matters related to economic development; land use, development, and zoning; housing policy; employment & training programs; and business licensing.
No documents available